meet quarterly close to the solstice and equinox.
In 1996, starting with Lectionary Year B, the MEESC launched
a multi-year project to complete reflections and comments on
the earth-centered aspects of the Lectionary readings. Work
on filling the gaps in this page will be undertaken each time
we approach the Saint's day; however, input is accepted at any
time. If you would like to contribute, please see the directions
at the end of this page.
St. Stephen: December 26
St. John: December 27
- Old Testament Lesson: Jeremiah 26:1-9, 12-15
- Psalm 31
- New Testament Reading: Acts 6:8 – 7:2a, 51c-60
- Gospel: Matthew 23:34-39
- Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) Reading: Exodus 33:18-23
- Psalm 92
- New Testament Reading: 1 John 1: 1-9
- Gospel: John 21: 19b-24
Confession of St. Peter: January 18
- Acts 4: 8-13
- 1 Peter 5: 1-4
- Matthew 16: 13-19
St. Matthias: February 24
St. James: July 25
- Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) Reading: Jeremiah 45: 1-5
- Psalm 7: 1-10
- New Testament Reading: Acts 11: 27-12: 3
- Gospel: Matthew 20: 20-28
St. Bartholomew: August 24
- Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) Reading: Deuteronomy 18:
- Psalm 91
or 91: 1-4
- New Testament Reading: 1 Corinthians 4: 9-15
- Gospel: Luke 22: 24-30
Saint Luke: October 18
St. James of Jerusalem: October 23
- Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) Reading: Acts 15: 12-22a
- New Testament Reading: 1 Corinthians 15: 1-11
- Gospel: Matthew 13: 54-58
All Saints' Day: November 1
St. Andrew: November 30
- Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) Reading: Ecclesiasticus
2:(1-6) 7-11 or Ecclesiasticus 44:1-10, 13-14.
- Psalm 149
- New Testament Reading: Ephesians 1:(11-14) 15-23
- Gospel: Luke 6: 20-26 (27-36) or Matthew 5:1-12.
As we receive additional reflections and comments on the Saints,
we will add them to this listing.
- Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) Reading: Deuteronomy
- Psalm 19: 1-6.
- New Testament Reading: Romans 10:8b-18
- Gospel: Matthew 4:18-22.
We are looking for your input!
To provide your comments and thoughts to a reading, please
send an e-mail to any member
of the MEESC
or send a letter to:
c/o C. Morello
4451 Lakeside Drive
Eveleth, MN 55743-4400 USA
The MEESC assumes
that all correspondence received is for publication on this
web site. If your comments are not for publication, please
so note on your correspondence. The MEESC reserves the right
to decide which items are included on the web site.
This page last updated